cottage, Inari, 2 persons
LapinTintti is located on a small forest lake, 20 min drive from village Inari, near the Lake Muddus, the wilderness area Muotkatunturi and the National Park Lemmenjoki. We live close the cabin but due to woods between the buildings one cannot see the lights of our home.
LapinTintti log cabin provides a tranquil and relaxing experience for all nature enthusiasts. The spacious custom-built cabin has traditional wood burning stove in sauna, water saving shower and faucet and an eco-friendly composting toilet. The living room has a small wood burning stove and large windows to the northern directions which is ideal for admiring Aurora borealis if they are around. In summer season you can adore the Midnight Sun instead. The small kitchenette has fridge, electric kettle, coffee maker and stove. The beds are on a small loft. The electricity we use is renewable (solar).
There is no light pollution near us so our property is ideal for night sky and aurora photography. The cabin has different kind of habitats nearby, which is interesting for nature enthusiasts and photographers. Part of our property is a young forest (over 70 years old though) and the other part has a small lake, mires and hundreds of years old pine trees. Common visitors of our bird feeders are for example Siberian Tit, Siberian Jay and Pine Grosbeak.
There is no public transport to our cabin. However, we can organize a transport from village Inari (extra cost).Please note
- Check-in is from 16.00 / 4.00pm and check-out is no later than 10.00am on the day of departure.
- The bed room on a loft as well as sofa bed in a recreation room is open concept.
- WiFi, sheets, towels and final cleaning are included in the price.
- We want to be as environmentally friendly as possible, so we don’t change towels and sheets every day.
- Sauna experience is safe for a healthy person. If you have any doubts about your health, we recommend you to consult your physician before visiting our sauna.
- We love animals and have dogs ourselves. However, out of respect for other clients and our dogs we do not allow pets.
- Please note that LapinTintti belongs to our drinking area, so your own alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- The forest lake is shallow and not suitable for swimming. You can canoe though.
- In summer and autumn you can use our canoe on the lake and in winter you can borrow our snowhoes. In winter, we also maintain a short cross-country trail near the cabin.
If a cancellation is
- more than 42 days prior to the arrival, 30€ office cost will be charged
- 29-42 days prior to the arrival, 15% of the total amount is charged
- 28-0 days prior to the arrival, 100% of the total amount is charged
|Location:|| Inari |
Terstontie 123, 99870 INARI
Show location on map
|Type of holiday home:||cottage|
|Name of holiday home:||LapinTintti Eco-Cabin|
|Living area:||30 m²|
|Number of beds:||2|
|Features of the destination:||terrace, car necessary, fireplace|
|Pets allowed:||not allowed|
|Additional information:||The composting toilet (Biolan Icelett) is in the shower room.|
|Type of beach:||pond|
|Description of beach:||The forest lake is shallow and not suitable for swimming. You can canoe though.|
|Kitchen equipment:||coffee machine, refrigerator, stove, electric water heater|
|Description of materials and equipment:||Kitchenette is under the loft stairs. There are recycling bins for bio waste, plastic, medal, glass, carton and paper.|
|Tableware:||tableware for 2 persons|
|Facilities and equipment:||shower, outhouse|
|Car parking:||parking space, parking space with power outlet|
|Leisure-time activities:||hiking, cross-country skiing, picking mushrooms/berries, canoeing, fishing|
|More information on leisure-time activities:||We organize activities near and in the wilderness area Muotkatunturi and the National park Lemmenjoki. Please read more: https://www.atnature.fi/activities/|
The destination is rented out by